domingo, 7 de agosto de 2016

The Best Place To Stay In Mobor, Goa

Goans know the Portuguese term sossegado and you can see it in many places as a way to describe quiet, relaxed spots. Mobor in Goa is exactly that, but with a pinch of entertainment in the form of restaurants and bars, souvenir shops, a river and a beach, all within walking distance if you know where to stay.

One can find cheap places to rest in Mobor, with the cheapest price being 16 euros per person per night, from what I've seen. There are many hotels in Mobor though and most of them charge European rates. 

Of course, you do pay for quality in Goa, as in any place in the world. That's why I was so amazed to find this self-catering apartment in the center of Mobor, right near other hotels and resorts.

I do know the owner, but being objective here, this is a great deal. This is a two bedroom apartment, with a kitchen and living room with an average rate of 369 dollars or 332 euros per week. If you do the math, that's less per day than what most hotels in the area are charging and you get a whole apartment.

It's great for families and a group of friends, for example. Sandy, the owner, is a Scottish woman who is the nicest hostess and fellow reader. I had the pleasure to meet her in Goa and stay at this apartment. 

She was also kind enough to share with me her favorite books and a couple of great soirees, talking about movies, books, news and life in general. She also showed me great places in Mobor, which I would not find by myself. There are some hidden gems there. I will save that for later and I'm going to show you her apartment.
In case you missed the link above, here it is again. It's the TripAdvisor where you can check the availability and detailed rates, and also contact Sandy. This last photo shows the location.

Vanessa

Sem comentários: